There’s nothing better than finding a good deal while you’re out and about. That feeling is even better when you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get the deal. I am a huge advocate for the sale and clearance section because it hasn’t let me down, yet. Because I love to spend and save money, I thought I would share a few tips on keeping more money in your wallet!
- Sign up for sales newsletters and text messages
- You’ll be one of the first to know about upcoming promotions and will also recieve coupons directly to your phone.
- Use discount codes
- Find a good dupe
- For makeup you can follow @dupethat and @allintheblush on Instagram for dupes on miscellaneous makeup items.
- For designer fashion dupes you can look at Real vs.Steal on InTheirCloset or search for designer inspired items (Not a knockoff with the designer name but a similar style from another brand!).
- Save for big ticket items
- Saving seems like such a tedious task but it is so worth it in the end. Imagine holding that designer purse in your hands after months of saving, it feels like sweet victory!
- Check the prices before you buy!
- More often then not you can find the same item at a lower price from another retailer. This may seem like a lot of work but you can do this research from your phone or computer before you leave the house!
- If you aren’t able to go to another retailer some places will do a price match and let you get the lower price. It doesn’t hurt to confirm before you try.
I hope that these money saving tips come in handy on your next shopping trip. Be like Ilana from Broad City and get those deals, deals, deals!